East Lansing, MI
A family-owned and -operated company founded in 1959, Conlin Travel is now the largest travel management company in the state of Michigan. We believe that as the world changes and our industry advances, integrity, dependability, persistence, and honesty matter now more than ever – not just for our travelers, but for our employees, too.
We are currently seeking a Corporate Travel Account Manager to be responsible for managing a portfolio of accounts. This position will be based out of our East Lansing, MI office with some at-home ‘virtual’ days mixed into a weekly schedule.
- Establish and maintain on-going connection and involvement at the decision-making levels within new and existing business accounts; develop strong relationships, create trust, build mutual respect, and form true business partnerships
- Manage client relationships and achieve all client and Conlin Travel goals related to client retention, profitability, quality service, preferred vendor maximization, technology implementation, on-line servicing, and business development for assigned client portfolios
- Always and consistently provide excellent client service including interaction with appropriate internal/external departments to resolve client issues, complete implementations, and generate necessary reports; maintain current and accurate updates in SUGAR which is our Customer Relationship Manager tool
- Work pro-actively with our clients and provide feedback to management on account status, issues and opportunities
- Develop business plans and relationships with key clients to improve the level of performance and service of the travel program
- Identify and develop up-sell opportunities within client portfolios for new business, technology and tools
- Act as a client advocate with vendors during negotiations, service reviews, and program performance meetings; monitor contract terms, SLAs, volumes and service levels to ensure favorable contract renewals; support rebid processes when necessary
- Consult and assist in new account travel management program set-up via the implementation process
- Work in a team environment supporting management and staff, following policies, providing feedback and assisting in special projects
- Examine the company management reporting data, client travel patterns and travel policy to identify savings opportunities
- Prepare and present periodic reviews that highlight clients’ travel spend and patterns, benchmarking service standards and key trends in the industry; monitor actual client performance and compare to expected performance on all vendor negotiated contracts; follow-up with both client and vendors to address any significant variances from the expectations
- S./B.A. Degree or equivalent experience; Business-related preferred
- Minimum 5 years in Sales / Operations / Account Management in the service industry; travel industry experience strongly preferred
- Strong presentation, consultative, analytical, and communications skills necessary and required
- Proven track record developing professional relationships
- Ability to work closely with team members, demonstrating clear and efficient communications
- Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, Power Point and CRM experience
- Prior success identifying, developing and implementing business plans for new and existing clients
- Must have reliable transportation for travel within the state of Michigan
Interested in this position?
Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org.