CORPORATE TRAVEL CONSULTANT
Ann Arbor, MI
A family-owned and -operated company founded in 1959, Conlin Travel is now the largest travel management company in the state of Michigan. We believe that as the world changes and our industry advances, integrity, dependability, persistence, and honesty matter now more than ever – not just for our travelers, but for our employees, too.
We are currently seeking Corporate International Travel Agents to work in our Ann Arbor office. The primary goal for these positions is to make professional and accurate domestic and international travel arrangements for our corporate clients, using our company guidelines and standards for excellent customer service.
- Complete travel arrangements for client requests for air, hotel, car, ground transportation, consolidators, and other arrangements, at best fare as desired by the client
- Follow company procedures, processes, workflow and standards in the areas of: customer service, building PNR’s, ticketing, attendance, accuracy of work, invoicing, etc. Keep abreast of enhancements and updates
- Participate fully as a team member to assist in completing all functions related to servicing the client, including ticketing processing, clerical functions, etc.
- Remain fully informed and abreast of all airline rules, regulations and tariffs, including strong knowledge of international fare construction and other industry requirements (passports and visas), and accurately apply this information when making travel arrangements
- Actively promote the importance of our preferred supplier programs
- Work with team members to cross train in other areas
- Maintain a high level of competency in operating the Global Distribution System (GDS); Sabre experience preferred
- Attend staff and training meetings for ongoing updates in the travel industry and office procedures
- Maintain favorable working relationships with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate, which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness
- Work well under pressure with the ability to multi-task while maintaining a professional rapport with customers
- Act with integrity and confidentiality; protect sensitive information
Various full-time shifts available between the hours of 8:00 am ET to 8:00pm ET, Monday-Friday
- Diplomacy and tact required in contact with vendors, clients and co-workers
- Ability to maintain a courteous and professional phone manner at all times is essential
- 2 – 4 years prior experience making international reservations required
- Strong Sabre skills preferred; strong GDS skills necessary
Interested in this position?
Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org.