Leisure Travel Agent
ANN ARBOR, EAST LANSING, OR GRAND RAPIDS, MI
A family-owned and -operated company founded in 1959, Conlin Travel is now the largest travel management company in the state of Michigan. We believe that as the world changes and our industry advances, integrity, dependability, persistence, and honesty matter now more than ever – not just for our travelers, but for our employees, too.
Utilize interpersonal skills to interview clients and match the best products to their needs. Build long lasting relationships with a customer base communicating with them regularly with vacation travel ideas. Make professional, accurate, cost-effective travel arrangements for all clients within company guidelines and standards for excellent customer service.
- Complete travel arrangements for client requests for air, hotel, car, tour, cruise, ground transportation, and other arrangements, at best fare as desired by the client. Utilize preferred vendors as outlined by Signature and the company.
- Maintain a high level of competency in operating Clientbase and Clientbase leads.
- Attend educational industry events and conferences as made available to the company.
- Complete on-line vendor training/educational programs for certification.
- Research and provide solutions to travel-related problems clients may have experienced.
- Follow company procedures, guidelines and standards in all areas relating to this position
- Remain fully informed and stay up to date of all rules and regulations, tariffs, preferred vendors, international skills, and other industry requirements, and accurately apply this information when making travel arrangements.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate
- Attend staff and training meetings for ongoing updates in the travel industry and office procedures.
- Occasionally perform other duties as assigned.
- Prior travel agent/industry experience preferred, especially with booking international destinations; GDS knowledge a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, display professional workplace etiquette, attire, and timeliness.
- Ability to multi-task and work well independently and under pressure necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to shift direction in response to changing work situations.
- Strong attention to detail is a must.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook.
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit to email@example.com.